1 Day Swim with the Dolphins Tour in Panama City near Destin Florida
The 1 Day Swim with the Dolphins Tour
The Price of the 1-Day dolphin swim program is $98 (US)+ tax per person.
Morning and afternoon dolphin tours. The 1-Day dolphin swim experience in Panama City lasts 4 hours.
City Beach to participate in our dolphin tours and dolphin swim programs. Click here to view driving directions from the Destin Fort Walton area.
Why should you book with us and not with our competitors ?
- We are the oldest and most experienced wild dolphin swim facility in Panama City (since 1995).
- Unlike on our competitors boats, in addition to the captain, our boats have crew (between May 01 and August 31). Our specially trained staff will come with you in the water and help you and/or your children with your experience.
- Thanks to our collaboration with marine biologists and thanks to our experience with educational programs in the schools of Bay County and with various girl and boy scouts groups and church groups, we will actually educate you and your children on wild dolphins and their social life for a more enjoyable, more respectful and safer experience.
- Unlike with most of our competitors tours, the owner of our company is also a boat captain and is actually on the water every day implementing the comprehensive programs.
- 9:00 AM or 1:00 PM: Orientation by Water Planet staff. Education about dolphin physiology and social life. How to swim with wild dolphins, information on bottlenose dolphin behavior and proper etiquette for interaction, safety guidelines before you swim with the dolphins
- 9:45 AM or 1:45 PM: Dolphin swim cruise. Dolphin swims and (optional) walk on
Shell Island, marine ecology wet lab (Water Planet staff and clients dives for different forms of sea life: crustaceans, mollusks, fish, etc. and brings it back on board for viewing and identification before release).
the program is very fluid and it unfolds differently every day based on the weather conditions, visibility in the water, dolphins behavior and their whereabouts.
Welcome on board, giving out snorkeling gear and life vests, educational briefing, travel to the Shell Island area (about 15 minutes, look for dolphins and get in the water when appropriate. The dolphins usually do not stay around the boat for long. Clients can stay in the water as long as the dolphins are present and as long as the dolphins tolerate human presence. Then they get back on board and we continue on either to catch up with them and do it again or look for other dolphins depending on their mood. If the visibility is good, we may travel at low speed along the beach to look for stingrays, baby sharks or other sand dwelling fish. If the surf conditions allow it, we beach the boat at Shell Island, explore and look for shells. Check out small lake for gators. We also stop to snorkel by the jetties, which is habitat for allot of different fish species including Angel Fish, Blue Tang, Spade Fish, Grouper, Snapper, Lookdowns, wrasses, Jacks, Needlefish, Mullet, etc . We snorkel a shipwreck. The Percy Pane, an 80-foot rum runner sunk by 10 feet of water right by the beach of St. Andrews State Park. Back inside the bay for shallow water seagrass wading or snorkeling (wet lab) and snorkeling on a 24-foot boat wreck sunk in 8 feet of water during Hurricane Ivan. Cruising inside the bay if time allows it and back to the dock. The order of activities will be altered based on conditions. Since the dolphins are wild and in their natural environment, we cannot predict or dictate their behavior and we will not force them to come close. If they do, it will be their choice. Please see our Q&A for more.
We are proud to be among the operators who DO NOT FEED OR PET WILD DOLPHINS CLICK HERE TO READ WHY
- The price of the dolphin tour includes the dolphin swim, dolphin educational package, free bottled water
- Read testimonials
- Children are welcome to participate in our dolphin tours. Our staff has years of experience with helping children in the water during their dolphin swim and on board the boat.
Your children will love the close proximity of dolphins and will probably remember their dolphin tour for the rest of their life.
- We have deep ladders to make it easier for you to get back up on board from the water after each dolphin swim. All our boats are equipped with double shades.
- You are welcome to bring your own cooler and snacks if you wish.
Swim with dolphins in Destin. It is difficult to find a dolphin tour in Destin that will allow you to get in the water with the dolphins. We are conveniently located at less than an hour from Destin, Florida. We welcome clients from Destin on our dolphin tours.
Payments for the dolphin tours are to be made as follows:
- 50% down or credit card information to hold reservations.
- Balance due before program.
- We accept all major credit cards.
- Bring your own snorkeling gear or rent it with us for $5.00 (+ tax per person).
- Water Planet cannot guarantee interaction with wild dolphins nor ideal weather conditions. Trip fees cannot be refunded due to adverse weather or absence of dolphins.
- Water Planet will replace your dolphin tour if the dolphins do not show.
Cancellation and Change Policy: All cancellations and changes for the dolphin swims must be received in writing (e-mail or post) or by telephone. We will not accept any cancellations or changes by voice-mail.
- 24 hours no penalty.
- Less then 24 hours: you loose your deposit.
- No show = Full charge
- Should you arrive more than 15 minutes after the appointment time your card will be charged and the trip must leave without you
Should you not notify us 24 hours ahead of time of a downward change in the number of participants in your party, you will be charged for the number of passengers you have signed up originally
WHERE IS PANAMA CITY BEACH? – LOOK IT UP ON THE MAP
Accommodation can be arranged by request.
1 Day Dolphin Swim Tours are offered March through October.
Check with us for availability!