Featured site in Lightspan’s StudyWeb® as one of the best educational resources on the Web by our researchers.
THERAPY – HEALING – SELF DEVELOPMENT
- Dolphins, Therapy and Autism – A very comprehensive anthology of the various aspects of DAT by Michael T. Hyson, Ph.D.
- International Dolphin Watch – A very dedicated group who “Helps People Help Dolphins Help People” – Organization founded by the late Horace Dobbs, who has been a steady source of inspiration since the beginning of our organization.
- In Cahoots. Judith Billingham practices Equine Therapy and Animal Assisted Therapy in England since 2014. She came to Water Planet from England for an Internship in 2016.
- Dolphin Dreams – A warm intimate documentary about 2 children with global developmental delays and their trek from the UK to Florida to swim with wild dolphins at Water Planet.
- Academy of Breath, Sound and Movement – The Academy was created to: teach people how to utilize, the attributes of breath, sound, and movement in their daily lives for improved health.
- Voice and Music Healing Kauai – Maureenji.com – “Who has the knowledge of sound knows the secret of the universe”
DOLPHIN FACTS – MARINE EDUCATION
- How smart are dolphins? – Fun video by Dr. Lori Marino,
- Jaap’s Marine Mammal Pages – Very good educational site about marine mammals.
- Strategies For Pursuing a Career in Marine Mammal Science
- Alice in Dolphinworld – Nice site about meeting and learning about wild dolphins
- Animal Behavior Institute – Accredited online education in animal training & husbandry
INTERSPECIES COMMUNICATION – SPIRITUALITY AND MARINE MAMMALS – NEW AGE
- Dolphin Intelligence and the Captivity Issue – By Ken Levasseur
- John C. Lilly – The man who started it all
- Cetacean Nation – Cetacean Nation Website in Hawaii!
- Dolphintale.com – This is where you will find many things relating to the human fascination with dolphins, whales, porpoises, and our mutual destiny.
- Joan Ocean’s Dolphin Connection – Seminars and much more on the potentials of communication with dolphins and whales.
- Planet Puna The Sirius Institute
ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- Isabelle Dupre Photography – Very gifted nature photographer showing the beauty of marine mammals (and more)in the wild
- Donald Tipton Photography – World Famous Marine Mammal Photographer. Underwater Images and Videos
- Takaji Ochi – Amazing underwater wildlife photography
- Africa Wild Safaris – Join Photographer and Wildlife Biologist/Park Ranger Greg Sweeney on an adventure filled 7 day, 6 night wildlife safari to South Africa in Kruger National Park and private game reserves.
- Golden State Images – Natural History Photography of California Including Marine Mammals
- Article on Capturing Sealife With Underwater Cameras
LEGENDS AND MYTHOLOGY
- The Legend of the Pink Dolphin – Amazon legend and mythology
- Dolphins in Greek Mythology
- Dolphin Folklore of the Ancient World
CHILDREN AND WOMEN
- Baby Swimming – The Gentle Journey – The “whole child” approach to teaching babies how to swim.
- Ocean Spot – Dolphin Spot Kid Spot Ocean Spot
- KidsKonnect.com – A Safe Internet Gateway for Kids… Created and Maintained by Educators
- Bioluminescence – Great article on bioluminescence in sea creatures for kids!
- Dolphin Assisted Birth – Is it a good idea to give birth in open water in the presence of wild dolphins?
- The Crystal Ladder Learning Center Therapy in a holistic and innovative learning environments
- Find Your Sunshine is a multifaceted inclusive development and recreation company