3 Day Dolphin Swim Program
in Panama City Beach, FL.
An extended opportunity to swim with wild dolphins in Panama City Beach (near Destin and 30A). Spend three days with a professional team of instructors who will educate you on the proper way to interact with the dolphins.
- The price of the dolphin program includes dolphin swims, dolphin educational package, snorkeling equipment, and bottled water.
- Due to COVID-19, we will lend you the goggles only. You are welcome to bring your own snorkeling gear if you wish.
- You may also bring your own cooler and snacks; or, you can store your drinks in our cooler.
- Children are welcome to participate in our dolphin programs. Our staff has years of experience with helping children in the water during their dolphin swim and on board the boat. Your children will love the close proximity of dolphins and will probably remember their dolphin tour for the rest of their life.
- Pregnant women should consult their OBGYN before signing up for this tour if they have any concerns about their ability to engage in boating and snorkeling activities.
- We have deep ladders to make it easier for you to get back up on board from the water after each dolphin swim. All our boats are equipped with double shades.
- Are you looking to swim with dolphins in Destin? It is difficult to find longer dolphin programs in Destin that will allow you to get in the water with the dolphins. We are conveniently located at less than an hour from Destin, Florida, and welcome clients from Destin to our dolphin programs.
- Visit our FAQs page for more information.
Duration: 3 Days (see sample schedule below)
- The price of the 3-Day Dolphin Swim Program in Panama City is $460.00 (US) + tax per person, equipment included. The price does not include gratuities (15 to 20%). Our captains work hard to facilitate this experience for you!
- Book by calling 850-230-6030 or inquire online.
- We offer the 3-Day Program for a minimum of 3 participants only. The price does not include accommodations, food, or transportation.
- Accommodations can be arranged by request.
- Notice: Water Planet cannot guarantee interaction with wild dolphins nor ideal weather conditions. Trip fees cannot be refunded due to absence of dolphins. Our success rate with dolphins is about 98%. Should there be a major storm compromising the program, we will give you the option to reschedule of to get a refund.
Payments for the 3 Day Dolphin Program are to be made as follows:
- 50% down-payment to hold reservations.
- Balance due on arrival.
- We accept all major credit cards.
- Should you prefer to pay cash for a 5% discount the day of the tour, we will refund your card when you check in.
- 9:00 a.m. – Presentation by Water Planet staff on the topics of the environment around Panama City and the Shell Island area, principles of Ecology, dolphin physiology, ecotourism, swim with the dolphins programs, children and dolphins, animal therapy. Special needs children and dolphins, autism and dolphins, dolphin therapy, Dolphin Assisted Therapy, is it legal to swim with dolphins. How to interact with wild dolphins, some information on bottlenosed dolphin social behavior and proper etiquette to swim with dolphins.
- 10:30: a.m. – Snorkeling class in a swimming pool – safety rules before you swim with wild dolphins and guidelines on boats
- 12:00 Noon: Break
- 1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Dolphin swim cruise – dolphin encounter Exploration of Shell Island and marine ecology “wet lab” optional.
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Dolphin swim cruise – dolphin encounter Exploration of Shell Island and marine ecology “wet lab” optional (Water Planet staff dives for different forms of sea life: crustaceans, mollusks, fish, etc. and brings it back on board for viewing and identification before release).
- Free time
- 5:30 to 7:30 p.m – Dolphin swim cruise. Sharing about your dolphin swim experience, questions-answers session and feedback on your dolphin swim experience.
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.- Dolphin swim cruise – dolphin encounter Exploration of Shell Island and marine ecology “wet lab” optional.
The dolphin trips are very fluid and they unfold differently every day based on the weather conditions, visibility in the water, dolphins behavior and their whereabouts.
Welcome on board, giving out snorkeling gear and life vests, educational briefing, travel to the Shell Island area (about 15 minutes, look for dolphins and get in the water when appropriate. The dolphins usually do not stay around the boat for long. Clients can stay in the water as long as the dolphins are present and as long as the dolphins tolerate human presence. Then they get back on board and we continue on either to catch up with them and do it again or look for other dolphins depending on their mood.
If the visibility is good, we may travel at low speed along the beach to look for stingrays, baby sharks or other sand dwelling fish. If the surf conditions allow it, we beach the boat at Shell Island, explore and look for shells. Check out small lake for gators. We also stop to snorkel by the jetties, which is habitat for allot of different fish species including Angel Fish, Blue Tang, Spade Fish, Grouper, Snapper, Lookdowns, wrasses, Jacks, Needlefish, Mullet, etc.
Back inside the bay for shallow water seagrass wading or snorkeling (wet lab) and snorkeling on a 24-foot boat wreck sunk in 8 feet of water during Hurricane Ivan. Cruising inside the bay if time allows it and back to the dock. The order of activities will be altered based on conditions.
We are proud to be among the tour operators who DO NOT FEED OR PET WILD DOLPHINS.
All cancellations and changes for the 3-Day dolphin swim tours must be received in writing (e-mail or post) or by telephone. We will not accept any cancellations or changes by voice-mail.
- Up to 15 days prior = 4% per person cancellation fee per person
- 15 days to 72 hours = $50.00 penalty per person.
- Less then 72 hours: Full charge.
- No refund once you have started the program.
- No show = Full charge.
- Should you not notify us 15 days ahead of time of a downward change in the number of participants in your party, you will be charged for the number of passengers you have signed up originally.
- We will not run the 3-Day Dolphin Swim Program for less than 3 participants.